25.1.13

Hope he'll like them !







God do I hate packing! I should be at it right now because I'm off to Germany tomorrow for my dad's 93rd birthday. He lives in a home - which I'm quite cut up about - so I want to take him something to cheer him up especially for when he feels lonely.

So I've made him a plate for a sandwich, a bowl for fruit and a mug for a comforting tea - with two reserves for when visitors call.

As the colour-scheme (what colour scheme!) in the home is blandblandbland, I've used strong colours that will hopefully appeal to his manly taste. Fingers crossed he'll like them!

Better get on with the dreaded p......

11 comments:

  1. They are lovely!
    Have a good trip xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Frances! That cheered me up ... still dodging and not packing ... of course you know how it feels ;)))
    Mecki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful set, I especially like the bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks PoG. My dad loves them. Am SOOOO pleased
    :)
    Mecki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mission accomplished then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're lovely! I'm sure your Dad really appreciates a little bit of handmade, homely-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, he did. Shook my hand and thanked me repeatedly :))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful.
    Just got a bit choked then, I lost my dad ten years ago.
    Bet your dad loved them. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Making them made me think how much I would enjoy doing something like it for my mum, alas I lost her many years ago now :((

      Delete
  9. oh wow these look lovely!! they look very confidently painted I might add ;) really like the bowl and plate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I particularly like the insides of the mugs. Confidently painted? That wouldn't have anything to do with those cool brushes I got for Christmas?? I painted another mug with them too, had a soft moment and gave it away ... now waiting for that promised photo to post on the blog .... nudge nudge Fabia x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...